Hello! This is Lythronax, the founder of Cryptid Wiki. This wiki was created in the hope of being the most accurate and reliable website on cryptozoology on the World Wide Web.
- What sets us apart from w:c:cryptidz?
- The other and currently more popular Cryptid Wiki, though heavily administrated, has several flaws. None of the pages have reliable, if any, references or sources and the formatting of articles there is rather messy and inconsistent. This Cryptid Wiki hopes to avoid these issues.
- Why are there not many articles on this wiki?
- Because this wiki is brand spanking new! We hope to expand the wiki in the future but in order to do so, we need your help.
- What's with the URL? "Kryptos"?
- Here is the wiki URL.
- Cryptozoology is derived from two Greek terms, 'kryptos' and 'zoology' - 'kryptos' means 'hidden'. Since 'cryptid' and 'cryptozoology' have been taken, 'kryptos' was the next best alternative.
- How do I become an administrator?
- To become an administrator here, you need to edit regularly and make useful edits to the wiki. If you are particularly helpful, you will be awarded with administrative rights. That's not to say that rights will be handed out like sweets. :)
- What type of English do we use here? British English or American English?
- Because British English is more widely used than American English, we use the former here.
- What should I do if I want to read articles in a different language?
- At the moment, we only have a Japanese alternative to Cryptid Wiki - w:c:ja.cryptid. Some of it may be incorrectly translated so if you speak fluent Japanese, it would be brilliant if you could help improve that wiki.
- If you are fluent in another language, feel free to create a new Cryptid Wiki in another language, be it German or Swahili!
We hope you enjoy your stay at Cryptid Wiki! Happy editing! :) -- Lythronax (leave a message | edits) 21:00, June 13, 2015 (UTC)